Law Offices of Rosen & Rosen, LLP

Attorneys at Law

Call Today To Schedule A Consultation
Get Map & Directions
Findlaw Network Badge

Unwed parents should seek support for their children

On Behalf of | Aug 23, 2019 | Child Support

If you are unmarried and have a child, you may not immediately realize how important it is to determine the legal paternity of the child to pursue child support. There are many reasons why parents may neglect to do this, however.

They may still be in a relationship with their child’s other parent and fear that making it legal might rock the relationship boat and cause problems. The child’s other parent may actually be married to another person and want to keep their spouse from learning of the child’s existence. In some cases, the custodial parent may fear the other parent will harm them or their child physically or worry that the parent is not fit to be involved in their child’s life.

While these may be valid concerns, if you are the parent, you must push them aside and do what is best for your child. In most cases, that means seeking child support to help rear your son or daughter.

We help many clients get the financial support that they need to give their kids the best possible lives. In instances where the other parent is unfit to share custody or even have visitation, we can still pursue financial support for the children.

It is exceedingly difficult to rear a child with just the support of one parent. Your child deserves more than that, and we will do all that we can to make sure that their other parent is identified and held financially accountable for the life that they helped create. Call today for an appointment to learn how we can assist you.

Findlaw Network Badge